- 1 kg clams, cleaned (in salted water) and drained
- 1 spring onion, minced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 chili, sliced
- 5 saffron strands (or 1 powdered saffron sachet)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 sprig of parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the olive oil in a skillet. Sauté the spring onion and the garlic until slightly brown. Stir in the chili, the saffron (if used) and the cornstarch; stir-fry them.
- Add the clams.
- Add the water and stir for the sauce to thicken. Add the parsley.
- Cover and cook over high heat until clams open (5 to 8 minutes). Remove them as they open so as not to overcook them. Discard those that didn’t open.
- Season with salt and pepper.