- 1 kg zucchini, halved lengthwise
- ½ kg shrimps, in their shells
- 2 shallots, diced
- 20 g cheese, grated
- 1 tomato, peeled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ l milk
- 20 g flour
- 20 g butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- With a spoon, scoop out the centers of each zucchini half, reserving the pulp. Leave a thick shell.
- Leave these zucchini boats to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Peel and devein the shrimps (reserve their shells). Pour the olive oil in a pot and sauté there the shrimps and the zucchini pulp. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot and oil sauté the shrimp shells and heads (pressing them), and the tomato. Pass through a chinois.
- Mix what we’ve obtained in steps 3 and 4. This will be the stuffing.
- Then, we’ll make a béchamel sauce: heat the butter in a pan; add the flour and mix well until golden; then add the milk stirring constantly until it thickens. Season with.
- Mix a little béchamel sauce with the stuffing and fill the zucchini boats. Pour the remaining béchamel sauce above the stuffed zucchini boats.
- Cover with the grated cheese and broil in the oven, until the cheese melts.