- 1 lb asparagus spears, though ends snapped off
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 250 g cheese
- 250 g cured ham
- 1 tablespoon oregano (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet heat hit 1inch salty water. Add the asparagus to the boiling water and cook 3 minutes, or until tender. Drain and pat dry the asparagus.
- Lay the asparagus on a baking dish and season with pepper. Set aside
- Lay the slices of cured ham/bacon over the asparagus spears lengthwise. Cook under a broiler until the cured ham/bacon is crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix the mayonnaise and the cheese, and the oregano (if used)
- Spread the cheese mixture over each cured ham/ bacon slice. Cook under a broiler until the cheese mixture slightly brown.