- 4 chicken breast, cut in half
- 4 slices of ham
- 4 slices of melting cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 ½ cups of olive oil (for frying)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season each side of the chicken with salt and pepper. Put a slice of cheese and then a slice of ham on the chicken scallop.
- Close as it were a book and join the two parts using two toothpicks.
- Carefully dredge the chicken in flour. Dip the chicken in the eggs. Finally dredge the chicken in the bread crumbs, crusting each side completely.
- Heat a skillet, and pour in the olive oil. When the oil is very hot, add the chicken. Deep fry for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.