- 750 g veal cutlets (thinly sliced scallopini), patted dry
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced. (If you prefer a less pungent flavor then remove the germ or put less garlic)
- 2 sprigs of parsley, minced
- 2 cups dry bread crumbs (poured into a shallow dish)
- 2 cups olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl mix the eggs with the garlic and parsley. Let marinate the cutlets in this mixture for at least half an hour. Then, season with salt and pepper.
- Generously coat the cutlets with this egg mixture. Place the scallopini in the crumbs patting them: for the bread to adhere.
- In a large skillet heat the oil to 190 °C. Deep fry the breaded cutlets (swirling the skillet in a tight circle for the cutlets to move around the skillet) until golden brown; about 1 1/2 minutes for the first side.
- Turn them over and fry for 1 minute on the other side. Drain. Transfer to a rack.
- As you fry more cutlets remove the bits remaining in the oil: they would get burnt and would ruin the oil.