- 1 roasting chicken (1.2Kg)
- ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 sprig thyme, minced
- 1 sprig rosemary, minced
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Place the chicken in an oven tray. Coat it with olive oil.
- Season with salt an pepper the cavity of the chicken and its outside. Grate the zest of the lemon over the chicken and place the rest of the lemon (chopped) along with the garlic inside the chicken.
- Coat the chicken with the herbs (the thyme and the rosemary)
- Place the tray containing the chicken – breast down- in the oven and roast at 200 ° C for 25 minutes; and for 35 minutes, breast up.
- Remove the chicken from the oven tray. Deglaze the juices in the tray by adding the wine and scraping up the browned bits. Cook this liquid for 3-4 minutes to reduce it and thicken the sauce.
- Cut the chicken in 10 pieces and serve along with this sauce.