- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 500 g tomato, peeled and chopped (it can be tinned)
- ¼ cup brown sugar (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a skillet. Pour in the olive oil and fry the bell pepper, until tender; adding some salt for the pepper to seat. Remove the bell pepper and set aside.
- In the same skillet and oil fry the tomato, crushing it.
- Bring to a boil and then low the heat. Let simmer for 25 min, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the fried bell pepper (that you’ve set aside) and let simmer with the tomato sauce for 2 minutes.