- 4 bell peppers; halved, seeded and the white membrane removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper minced
- 1 lb ground veal
- 10 oz tomato sauce
- ½ cup cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil. Sauté the garlic, the onion and the minced pepper until soften. Add the veal and season to taste with salt and pepper
- When the meat is almost cooked through add the tomato sauce, and cook for a few minutes.
- Stuff the bell peppers with the veal mixture. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- In the preheated oven bake the stuffed bell peppers – covered with aluminium foil -for 45 minutes.