[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
- 1 kg halibut, cut into filets or thin slices
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup olive oil (for frying)
- ½ onion, minced
- 1 cup peas, they could be canned
- 1 sachet saffron preferably grounded (optional)
- 2 parsley sprigs, minced
- 2 cups water or fish stock
- Heat a skillet.
- Shift the flour over the halibut to coat both sides.
- Dredge each slice/filet in the beaten egg, One at a time.
- Pour the olive oil in the skillet. When hot, fry that batter-covered halibut. Splashing gently hot oil – from the skillet- over the halibut. Don’t fry too much fish at a time; halibut should be able to breathe in the skillet.
- Flip once. When golden put in a dish and set aside.
- In the same skillet -using the remaining oil- stir-fry the onion until transparent. Stir in the peas, the saffron (if used) and the parsley.
- Add the halibut you’d set aside to this sauce (in the skillet). Add the water/fish stock and let simmer for 8 minutes, covered with a lid.
[sam id=”7″ codes=”true”]