[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
- 1 ¼ cups olive oil
- ½ chicken cut into chunks
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 squid diced
- 250 g clams
- 6 mussels
- 100 g peas
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 saffron strands
- 250 g prawns
- 1 tomato, peeled, chopped and crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups of short grain rice
- 6 cups of fish broth
- 250 g olives (preferably stuffed with anchovies)
- 250 g red peppers
- water (if required)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a paella pan pour the oil and fry the chicken over medium-high heat. Stir in the vegetables. Then stir in the prawns, clams, mussels and finely the squid.
- In a pestle and mortar crush the garlic, pepper, parsley and saffron with some salt. Add it to the paella pan.
- Stir in the paprika. Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Then, add the rice (evenly through the pan). When it starts boiling again add the salt and sprinkle the saffron.
- Let simmer for 17- 20 minutes. Add water if rice soaks up the liquid. 5 minutes before the end sprinkle the olives and garnish with the roasted peppers.
- Stir occasionally so the rice does not stick to the bottom. Nevertheless, if some of the rice sticks to the bottom of the pan is delicious.
- Take off the heat and cover for 10 minutes to let all the flavors mix together.
[sam id=”7″ codes=”true”]